We’ve met with all sorts of brands and startups and organizations who have ideas for stories they think they should be telling, but they often don’t understand just how powerful video storytelling truly can be. “Why should we invest in professional video content?” they ask. “Is it really essential that we create this video?”
To be effective, brand videos should be genuinely engaging, entertaining or informative, never interruptive. Here are a handful of statistics and key takeaways about the role digital videos play in 2017:
VIDEO DRIVES TRAFFIC
- By 2019, online video will be responsible for four-fifths of global Internet traffic. -Cisco
- Companies using video have 41% more web traffic from search than companies without video. –Aberdeen
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. –Brightcove
CONSUMERS WANT VIDEO CONTENT
- 74% of millennials find video helpful when comparison shopping. –Animoto
- 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. –eMarketer
VIDEOS ARE THE MOST SHAREABLE SOCIAL CONTENT
- Videos are six times more likely to be retweeted than photos and three times more likely than GIFs. -ClickZ
- Social video generates more than 1200% more shares than text and image combined. –Brightcove
VIDEOS CREATE REAL BUSINESS GROWTH
- Businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than organizations without video. -Aberdeen
- 70% of marketers claim video produces more conversions than any other video content. -Vidyard
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more. –Visually
- 4.8% is the average conversion rate for websites using video, compared to 2.9% for those who don’t. –Aberdeen
- 62% of consumers are more likely to have a negative perception of a brand that publishes a poor quality video. –Brightcove
DON’T DIY. HIRE A THIRD PARTY VIDEO PRODUCTION TEAM.
Everyone wants video content efficiently, and while some agencies are adopting in-house video teams, recent Forrester research shows that marketers should “realize that third parties provide better outcomes for the price, with outside agencies also being better judges of content marketing performance.”
OUR APPROACH TO FULL-SERVICE VIDEO PRODUCTION
We create an intimate experience in which we work closely with clients of all sizes from initial conception to delivery of final, polished files. Successful projects are a result of inspired strategic planning, efficiently organized teams, and open lines of communication throughout the entire process.
- STEP 1: PRE-PRODUCTION // CREATIVE STRATEGIZING + CONCEPTING
In this initial phase, we work together to identify your needs, help develop the story you want to tell, plan the art direction and creative vision, scout locations, cast talent or interviewees, assemble wardrobe and styling, and put a schedule in place to begin production. If you're in initial planning stages, or are just considering investing in video content, we'd love to brainstorm with you about how to bring your ideas to life.
- STEP 2: PRODUCTION // LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!
We shoot on two 4K cinema rigs and a Sound Devices 633 wireless audio kit (full equipment list available upon request). We always storyboard and plan as much as possible, but we also like to leave room for those surprising unexpected moments that, when they happen on set, are better and more authentic than anything we could have scripted.
- STEP 3: POST-PRODUCTION // EDITING + COMPILING STORY
In the final stage of the process, we compile and edit all of the footage, working with you to craft the precise story you want to tell. The video is finished with sound design, music, color grading, plus graphics or visual effects; this is where the magic happens.
If your company or brand needs a nimble video production team, we’d love to hear from you. Drop me an email at email@example.com.